This week in science we want you to;
- Find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air).
- Describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
Watch this clip: https://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zxvkd2p
- Stranded! - Imagine being stranded on a desert island. The desert island has nothing from home on it. It has sun, sea, sand and a bit of shelter, but nothing else. What would you really miss from home if you were stuck on this island for a long time? What would make you happy? What would your needs be? You could even try and create your own desert island!
- Survival list - Write a list with two headings ‘Things I need to survive’, ‘Things I need for happiness’. Explain your reason for each item on your list. You could even put your list inside a plastic bottle and add it to your desert island!
- Pet survival kit - If you had your pet on the island, how would your list change? What would your pet need to survive? Could it survive on the same things as you? You could even create a pet survival list too.
Beside the Seaside
Use the ‘Features of a seaside’ powerpoint to learn about human(man-made) and physical (natural) features of a seaside.
- Seaside sort – sort seaside features into Physical and Human. You could write, draw or use pictures to show what the different features are.
- Seaside glossary – write an explanation for each feature in your list,
e.g. Cliffs – the edge of land that drops steeply down to the sea.
Happy V Sad Mind
During lockdown you might have had different feelings going on in your mind. Sometimes you will have felt sad and sometimes you will have felt happy.
- Use the activity sheet to draw or write words inside them to describe what is happening in our mind when you feel happy and sad. Is there something or someone that helps you feel happy again?
- Create a happiness box and put a note inside with something that makes you feel happy. You could even decorate it with the things that make you happy!