The Human Body
A balanced diet
- Watch the BBC clip. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zrffr82/articles/zppvv4j
Now have a go at the sorting activity below the video clip.
- Watch the BBC clip below about balanced diets.
Now answer the questions below.
- Why do we need to eat food?
- What are the main nutrient groups called?
- What gives the body energy?
- What helps our body to grow? Can you name any examples of foods that help with our growth?
- What do vitamins C and D do for our bodies?
- Plan out a meal for one of the athletes below. Choose different foods that would help this athlete with both with their performance and their recovery. Try to draw or find a picture of the foods, label the foods and write sentences explaining what each food will help the athlete with.
- outdoor swimmer
- long distance runner