Power of kindness! Updated
New resources for the following activities suitable for ages 5-19 to support 'Building Resilience and Easing Tensions'. Click this tab:
- reflect and create messages of kindness
- learn about resilience
- learn techniques for defusing household tensions
- be encouraged to share stories of kindness and help others
- build empathy
- develop an adaptable mindset
NB some aspects will be more suitable for older children, please work together with your child for these activities.
- Digital for good – learners can consider how they’re using technology and how it can be used with kindness.
- Create a routine – sticking to a routine can help you feel more in control. We provide tips on how to create one and their benefits.
- Circles of control – thinking about what you can and can’t control helps you to stay resilient and be kind to yourself. This quick activity helps you reflect on your goals.
- Colour and share your kindness – colour in the Red Cross museum poster encouraging people to wash their hands, maintain distance or cover their coughs and sneezes.
- Reflection – spend time celebrating your or others’ kindness.