The ‘timetable’ for this week’s teaching and learning is as follows. We have also included the 'History of seaside holidays comprehension'-please choose 1 version, each is slightly different in difficulty.
- Day 1 – Listen to a reading of Willy the Wimp by Anthony Browne. Use bullet points to write out a list of items referred to in the story. Write sentences about how Willy changes during the story, using conjunctions to link ideas.
- Day 2 – Listen to a reading of Willy the Champ by Anthony Browne. Write descriptively about one of the main characters from the story, using adjectives and adverbs to enhance description. Write about a picture in the story using a range of prepositions.
- Day 3 – Listen to a reading of Willy the Dreamer by Anthony Browne. Read a short review of this and learn about the key features of a book review. Use this knowledge to write a book review of a favourite Anthony Browne book.
- Day 4 – Read the poem Tell it to the Dog by Joshua Siegal and note rhymes in the poem. Write correctly punctuated ‘moaning’ sentences, as if sharing worries with a pet. Write a rhyming poem based closely on Tell it to the Dog.
- Day 5 – Read the poem The Magic Pebble by Roger McGough. Use commas correctly when writing expanded noun phrases containing more than one adjective. Write imaginatively in response to a poem.