eBooks and other reading activities can be accessed at www.oxfordowl.co.uk
All you have to do is register to access a range of free reading resources which will support your child with reading at home. Please feel free to email your child's class for further support or guidance with reading at home.
Please spend 20 minutes every day listening to your child read. We have included extra home reading books in their reading packet.
Ask your child questions about what they have read e.g.
· Can you find a word/sentence that tells you/shows you that the character is happy?
· Can you find a word in the text that means the same as…?
· Who is/are the main character(s)?
· When/where is the story set?
· Which is your favourite/worst/funniest/scariest part of the story? Why?
· Tell me 3 facts you have learnt from the text.
· What do you think this book will be about? Why?
· Can you retell the story to me?
We also encourage reading a wide range of stories and books for pleasure with the children. If you read a book to your child, they could then complete the following activities found on the homework page on the website.
· A story map
· A book review
· A character description
· Finding and writing words ending in -ing, -ed